Property & Casualty Underwriter
The qualified Property & Casualty Underwriter will have 5+ years of direct standard lines carrier underwriting, multi line or package background with a strong skill set with casualty and workers compensation accounts. Successful candidates will possess a vibrant personality, excellent communication skills, great motivation, and capacity to understand various commercial concepts. College degree or equivalent business/industry experience.
*****This position will be in office- Hybrid! Must be within commuting distance to Alpharetta GA where the office is located.
- Analyzing information provided by insurance applicants
- Determining the risk associated with insuring a person or property
- Evaluating the recommendations made by underwriting software
- Inspecting property
- Deciding whether or not to offer insurance to applicants
- Calculating premiums and appropriate amounts of coverage
- Establish, develop, and expand retail broker and customer relationships within the region
- Lead customer meetings for new and renewal business
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent experience
- 5-10+ years of multiline underwriting experience (min 5 years) within commercial casualty, property, automobile, workers compensation and umbrella insurance coverage and risk selection, methods and pricing.
- CPCU license preferred
- To be familiar with company guidelines, coverage's, and underwriting
- Maintain excellent rapport with clients and company underwriters & agency personnel
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Superb interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent attitude
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills